Industry Workshop and Events
APR Recycling Showcase and Technical Forum
Presented by Association of Plastic Recyclers (APR)
March 6 / 12:30 - 3:00 pm / Celestin Ballroom F
12:30 - 1:30 pm
Recycling Showcase - Introduction and Announcement of Showcase Selection
As The Voice of Plastics Recycling, the APR is please to present the 2nd annual APR Plastics Recycling Showcase to highlight and promote industry leading innovations developed by APR member companies that have positive impact on plastics collection and recycling, as well as new applications for recycled plastics.
1:30 - 3:00 pm
- Robotic Recycling of Plastics - Dr. Matanya Horowitz, Founder & CEO of AMP Robotics
- Abstract: Robotic recycling systems provide a new tool for the sorting of wide classes of material within a material recovery facility. Their promise includes the sorting of multiple materials with a system, the ability to work alongside existing sorters, and the need for little retrofit. In this talk, AMP founder Matanya Horowitz will delve into the state of recycling robotic technology with a focus on its application in plastic recovery.
- Flexible Film Recycling; Understanding the Industry and Its Challenges – Curt Cozart, President, Common Sense Solutions, Inc.
- Abstract: The post-consumer film recycling industry, fundamentally unchanged since its creation in the early 1990’s, faces unprecedented challenges in the near future. This presentation describes the evolution of the industry, processes, end user requirements, current pressures and the future challenges presented by them. Pouches, metalizing, multi-layered structures, compatiblizers and collection options will be discussed.
- De-Inking Technology: An Innovative Process for Removing Printed Ink from Plastic Surfaces– Adriana Pineda, Chemical Engineer, CADEL DEINKING, S.L.
- Abstract: CADEL DEINKING, a technical company, has developed an innovative de-inking technology that allows you to convert printed scrap into new valuable pellets (PE, PP, PET, etc.). This increase of value enables the use of recycled material in the same applications as virgin material. The DEINKING process is based on an environmentally friendly, low-consumption, reusable, water-based solution, made with biodegradable chemicals (no solvents are used). The deinking technology provides benefits to both recyclers and packaging companies.
The Technical Forum will begin promptly at 12:30 pm and wrap up by 3:00 pm so that delegates have time to spend at the Exhibition Floor on Monday afternoon. No fee to attend. Questions? Contact Kara Pochiro at email@example.com.
APR New Member and Guest Meeting
Hosted by Association of Plastic Recyclers
March 7 / 5:00 - 6:00 pm / TBD
Meet key APR members and learn the latest about the Association of Plastic Recyclers. Separate registration required. Register here. Questions? Contact Kara Pochiro at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Louisiana Recycling Coalition Membership Meeting
March 8 / 2:00 - 4:00 pm / Strand 13
The Louisiana Recycling Coalition is a membership-based network of representatives from government, industry and nonprofit entities as well as other individuals that support environmental stewardship through materials reuse and recycling in Louisiana. The Louisiana Recycling Coalition provides advocacy, information, technical support, networking and education opportunities in partnership with local, state, regional and national organizations. Board members will present on upcoming projects and opportunities for members to become involved in the work of the organization. No fee to attend. Questions? Contact Sarah LaRock at email@example.com.
APR Membership Reception
March 8 / 6:00 - 7:30 pm / Celestin Ballroom F
Join APR's membership for a drink. Separate registration required. Register here. Questions? Contact Kara Pochiro at firstname.lastname@example.org.
APR Membership Meeting
March 9 / 8:00 am - 12:00 pm / Celestin Ballroom F
The Association of Plastic Recyclers is holding its winter members meeting and committee meetings in conjunction with Plastics Recycling 2017. APR s a national trade association representing companies that acquire, reprocess and sell the byproduct of more than 90 percent of the post-consumer plastic processing capacity in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Separate registration required. Register here. Questions? Contact Kara Pochiro at email@example.com.